Did You Know? [video_popup url=”” text=”none”]
If you have always wanted to live like the futuristic cartoon The Jetsons, products readily available on the market today will help you achieve many of the functions of that animated 60’s family.
Smart homes in today’s world provides its owner security, comfort, energy efficiency and convenience. Appliances, lighting, heating and air-conditioning, TVs and security systems all can communicate with each other. A home owner can communicate with them by programming schedules or by remotely controlling their functions from any location in the world using a computer or phone.
Millennial home buyers will appreciate and understand smart home features. Because a smart home can be easily established using individual products, buying and installing only what you will use is the way to modernize your home for today’s buyer.
The top voice and remotely controlled features to begin with:
- speaker and control center
- indoor security cam
- light bulbs
- door lock
- outdoor security cam
Key Smart Homes Automation Statistics to Help You Get Your Home in Order
- There are an estimated 175 million smart homes in the world.
- The US is expected to have 63 million connected homes by 2022.
- The worldwide connected home market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 25% from 2020 to 2025.
- Amazon holds the biggest market share in smart devices and will keep its position through 2021.
- 86% of millennials would pay more for a connected home.
- Smart heating and cooling systems can save smart home users 50% in energy use.
- 63% of those surveyed want their smart home to have smart security systems.
- Smart home statistics in the USA show an estimated 35% of US broadband households dealt with a data security issue last year.
- 40.8% of smart homes have at least one device vulnerable to cyber attacks that put the whole home in danger.
- It costs people between $970 and $3,310 to make their home a smart one.